The puppy you have purchased is warranted by us to the original purchaser to be healthy at the time of purchase. In accordance with the above, Capital City Pups also warranties your puppy to be free from Parvo Virus, Distemper, Hepatitis, and/or Corona Virus, for a full fourteen days from the date of purchase. Should your veterinarian detect any of the above mentioned diseases within the fourteen day period immediately following your purchase, you must notify us within twenty four hours by email at email@example.com and phone at (703) 935-9793.
We need your cooperation. You must take responsibility for your pet. Our warranty stipulates that you must have your puppy examined by a licensed veterinarian within 7 (seven) days of taking possession (PLEASE NO VACCINES UNTIL SECOND VISIT). After reviewing the records we have provided and evaluating your puppy, your veterinarian will provide a schedule of the remaining preventive care steps. Do not put off this initial vet visit.
Remember that we have been monitoring your puppy's health daily. A new home, new food, new people: are all stressful for your puppy. These stresses can lead to rapid changes in your puppy’s general health. Seeking advice from DoctorPup.com and your veterinarian will help reduce the risks. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY BY CALLING 703-935-9793, WE ARE AVAILABLE 24/7 AT THAT NUMBER AND WILL ASSIST YOU.
Some problems do not become apparent until later in your puppy's development. This can happen with any puppy regardless of breed, sex, or genetic background. These issues are some of the hardest to understand and accept. We want you to know that we will be here to help should something like a congenital or hereditary disorder arise in the first 90 days. We will help provided you have been responsible in your duties as a pet owner. In order to validate your guarantee you must keep the puppy under regular and continued care of a licensed veterinarian and remain an active member of Doctorpup.com for a minimum of 90 days. Maintaining a relationship with DoctorPup.com and your local vet will provide an education that is the foundation for a healthy, happy puppy. Failure to comply with the above will result in immediate termination of this guarantee. We will extend your guarantee up to 3 years as long as you remain a continuous member of Doctorpup.com and provide continuous recommended care with your local vet.
WE DO NOT COVER:
· The genetic conditions we do not cover are inguinal and umbilical hernias, retained testicles, cherry eyes. These conditions are common and can be fixed easily when the puppy is spayed or neutered. We feel it puts too much stress on the puppy to have any of the above procedures performed at a young age.
· Luxating patellas or congenital hip disease are not covered unless detected within the first 30 (thirty) days.
· DC Pups does not cover common parasites (i.e. coccidia, giardia) or respiratory infections; if detected early both items are simple to treat and should never be a cause for death.
· Absolutely no warranty claims will be accepted for issues resulting from LOW BLOOD SUGAR (Hypoglycemia).
· Diagnostics related to grade 1 or 2 heart murmurs; most are transient and represent no threat to your puppy. You can find logical and easy to understand information on these conditions by entering the condition in the Doctorpup.com search box in top right hand corner
You can find logical and easy to understand information on these conditions by entering the condition in the Doctorpup.com search box in top right hand corner
IN THE CASE OF SUDDEN DEATH; WE REQUIRE A NECROPSY TO BE PREFORMED IN ORDER TO FILE A WARRANTY CLAIM. AS A COURTESY CAPITAL CITY PUPS WILL OFFER 50% DISCOUNT OFF THE PURCHASE OF A NEW PUPPY (UP TO $500) IF YOU ARE UNABLE OR CHOOSE NOT TO GET AN NECROPSY PREFORMED.
WE WILL NOT ACCEPT WARRANTY CLAIMS FROM BANFIELD PET HOSPITALS (BANFIELD IS ASSOCIATED WITH PETSMART PET SUPPLIES). ALL OTHER PET HOSPIT ALS ARE ACCEPTED.
All Sales are final, No cash refunds, No vet bill refunds, Only credit towards new puppy will be awarded. To file a warranty claim please scan and email to:
Jurisdiction Clause - Any civil action against Capital City Pups must be filed within the state of Virginia
The sale of certain dogs and cats described as being registered or capable of being registered with any animal pedigree organization is subject to the provisions of the Virginia Consumer Protection Act (§ 59.1-196 et seq.). In the event that a licensed veterinarian certifies your animal to be unfit for purchase within 10 days following receipt of your animal, you may choose: (i) to return your animal and receive a refund of the purchase price; or (ii) to return the animal and receive an exchange animal of your choice of equivalent value.